Monday, October 10, 2005

Back from the Yanks


Well, I'm back from the States. Very interesting country and a lot of pictures to share. I'm a bit jetlagged at the moment, 9 hours difference between San Francisco and Paris! We've tried quite a few of their internationally reknown cuisine! We've tried all kind of accomodations from 5 stars to cabin tent in Yosemite where we had the coldest night ever. I'll be back on that and many more in a future post.
Being there for the first time, I was impressed by how stupid they take the people. People in store or hotel spoke to us as if we were 12 years old with Down syndrom. At the Grand canyon, we bought an electrical adapter and the shopkeeper thought it will be necessary to tell us by pointing at the two ends of the adaptor :"you plug this side to the wall and your outlet on this side". Well thanks very much for the tip but I think I can manage to figure out by myself how this thing works! Same thing in the bus, a recorded message said every time the bus was going to depart "please hold on" I mean everyone who has taken the bus knows that bus drivers are not the smoothest of drivers! I'm sure they are this cautious because of law suits. If the message was not played and a person will injure himself falling whilst the bus was accelerating, he could sue the bus company for not warning him to hold on!
My first encounter with this type of behaving happened at Philadelphia airport. We arrived at terminal A and where supposed to go to terminal E to check in for our connecting flight. We came across a very big queue of people waiting to pass through customs, one by one removing all metallic items and shoes!

We could see from there that a few meters down the road there was an entrance for the other terminals and that we could access it by going out of our terminal and follow the pavement to the other entrance. I then asked one of the guy that worked theer if we could access terminal E by the entrance of terminal C which looked less crowded than ours. Answer of the guy :"yes you coud but I'm not promising you will be quicker". All I wanted to know was if we could go to the other terminal and be able to reach terminal E by this doors, not if I will be quicker. What if he did not say that to me, could I sue his ass because I had to wait longer there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home