Monday, September 19, 2005

Harold

No it's not the name of my boyfriend. It's the restaurant we've been to with Adrian. He was invited and we decided to check it out.
The restaurant is one of those many "modern looking trying to be cool place" restaurants in Paris.

The food was not bad. I had the salmon gravlax with celery and Savora vinaigrette.

Adrian had the ceasar sald with lobster.

Salmon was a bit salty which made me drink a bit more of that Chassagne-Montrachet red wine we've ordered. Then we had the king prawn "a la plancha" with creamy risotto and parmesan and the grilled sole with mash potatoes.


The risotto was a bit tasteless, laking of salt or spice that could make the dish worth it. For dessert Adrian had the "moelleux au chocolat" with a caramel "au sel de Guerande" ice cream and I, the ananas carpaccio with cucumber and mint sorbet.


The dessert I had was most refreshing and more than welcome after the meal we had. Overall it was not a bad meal and we enjoyed a lot the young girls passing by and especially the one who was seating right in front of me at the next table!
We wanted to check that Absinthe store in the Marais afterwards but unfortunately for us (or them!) it was closed because everything is closed on Monday in "Gay" Marais. That's gonna be for another time then.
Now I'm having a Red Bull because I've got to clean the appartment up. So everything that could gives me energy is appreciated (like the Yanks said). I need to do a little bit of shopping too because Uta is coming back with her friend tonight for a meal.
I don't even know what I'm going to cook them. I probably order a pizza!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home