Friday, September 09, 2005

Home alone again!

After a nice day at work (the Prince is gone), I find myself again alone tonight. Uta went to Paris to celebrate an "end of a shitty week at work" party with her tasty colleagues! As I'm working at 7 tomorrow morning I did not join, unfortunately cos I like going out where there's a lot of young women.
Well that's life one may say. I think that's sucks!
Anyway, I've got a bit of time to post something.
Day before yesterday I cooked again for Uta and it will always amazed me what you can do when you mix ingredients. I went for a dish of crawfish with zucchinis.
From that :

Through that:

To that:

It was very good. We washed it down with a nice bottle of Chablis. French one, not those over sugary Californian low range crap!
Speaking of wine, I went to the Wine Fair at my local supermarket yesterday evening. They had sent me an invitation to taste their wines before the official opening date . I came, I tasted and I bought. Quite a lot I'm afraid, I wasn't expected to buy that much but there was so many wine I wanted I couldn't resist! I got some Chasse-Spleen 2003 and 1996, a few Vosne-Romanée and Chassagne-Montrachet, a crate of Sauternes and 1 bottle of Chateau Yquem 1999. Total :550 Euros!
We tried the Vosne-Romanée and it was excellent although I should let it age a bit longer. According to the guide, it can be stored for 8 years. 8 years! I could die of thirst since then!
I think I'm gonna get a few more bottles of that one.

I'm quite pleased with myself cos I remembered how to add a link on my blog. Still not sure if I could add one on my post. If I remember correctly, it was not the same handling as the one for the blog. I have to ask Austen again for that. You might have noticed on my previous post that he could use his computer with gardening gloves! Kudos Austen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home