Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Sport, noodles and Petrol

My suffering partners!


Learn to cook noodles with Tof!





I'm not that out of shape! That's a good news. After suffering an hour with the weights, I decided I had burnt enought calories to have a quick lunch. And when I say quick lunch, it took me 5 minutes to cook the best quick meal ever : NOODLE SOUP! It's so easy even the most useless man on earth could do it! For those who are close to that state, I will give you the steps, you even have the pictures to help you out!
1 Take a brand new pack of noodle. It comes in different flavor and surprisingly enough the colour of the package change as well so you don't confuse chicken with vegetables. The one which will illustrate our little cooking lesson is chicken flavor.
2 Open the pack and you'll find the noodle on one side and a little pack containing the Soup Base and the Flavoring Oil.
3 Boil exactly 40cl of water and pour the base and the oil. When the water is boiling you can add the noodle.
4 Wait 3 minutes... Et Voila!
It takes less time to cook this than to go over KFC and order Hot Wings! That's because a lot of people are so lazy, they think it's easier that way. Well, I've just prooved you wrong.
If you're a bit health conscious then you should know that it take almost as much time to prepare a salad!

After indulging myself with that wonderful dish, I decided to go to Paris to find a Bluetooth USB key for my computer, so I can download the pictures and films I've got on my phone. I went to a big computer shop called Surcouf near Gare de Lyon for those who live in Paris, you know where this is. For the others, well then, just skip that part. Anyway, I've never seen a shop so badly layout. The entrance is in the middle of the front which is a good 80 meters long. I had spotted the Apple section on the basement and the stair to go down there is actually at the far left of the shop. After finding the Apple counter, the guy said to me that what I was looking for is on the first floor. OK, let's go to the first floor, and where are the stairs. On the other bloody side of the shop! After what looked like a semi marathon I finally found the section with the Bluetooth thingy to find out they were running out of the one I needed for my computer! Who said that computer nerds are not into sport. They should be fucking looking like Schwartzy if they come everyday to that place!
As I didn't want to go back empty handed, I bought a 1 GB memory card for my camera. More pictures and more video!!

I finally went to the swimming pool to find out that I could still swim, which is quite a good news and moreover I could do 1500 meters without stopping every 2 laps! Let's say that I'm quite pleased with myself today.

And in that wonderful world, I didn't even smoke one cigarette today!! I might have one now just to celebrate the fact.

Oh I almost forgot, there one thing which pissed me off today. That's the price of petrol. I went to fill the car up and couldn't believe it cost 1,279 Euros a liter! It's the price I was used to see on the motorway and now it's at your local dealer. I'm considering now the public transport as a serious option for travelling. No I'm joking, I can't live without a car! I might get a scooter though cos the trafic in Paris is becoming a huge problem if you're driving a car nowadays.

Well, I think that enough for today. Overall I'm pleased with myself : went to the swimming pool, did exercice, had fun at the computer shop and even had a mail from my close English friend (thank you Cate, you made my day!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home