Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Food and stuff

After a good week at work, I decided that this post will be about food.

Last Sunday, I had the pleasure of having a meal cooked by my lovely girlfriend. That was a turkey leg with fruits, grappes, figs in a cider sauce. Just delicious!


Just before that she made us an emulsion of cucumber and mint. Sorry I don't have a picture for that. It was so refreshing and good I forgot to take one! One thing is for sure is that woman can cook!

Today I went to Paris to finally get those travellers checks. I asked the lady why I had to come all the way from my place to Paris to get them. She said that my local branch can order them and that it takes between 2 days to 1 week! They will certainly hear about that in the very near furture. As I said on a previous post, service is not a part of our vocabulary in France.
After that I went to a shop called Lavinia on Boulevard de la Madeleine. Kind of a supermarket that sells only wine and accessories related to it. They have an impressive selection of French and foreign wines. I got 6 bottles of Morgon 1996 for my grand parents who I am gonna see next saturday for a big family reunion. We will celebrate my grand mother's 80th birthdy and her 60th wedding anniversary. It's gonna be pretty cool.
As I was not far from a few nice lunch spots, and that it was already 2pm, I decided to go over the Place du Marche Saint Honore for a quick bite. It's a lovely place, execpt for that ugly glass walled building in the middle of it. It carries a lots of different restaurants and everyone of them has a terrace.
I went to Point Bar, a nice modern looking restaurant and sat at an outside table to enjoy this wonderful sunny day. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, might as well get the best of it while it lasts.


The starter was a crab meat mixed with a saffron mayonnaise and dressed on mango and avocado slices, very fresh and tasteful.


Then I had a veal scallop with steamed vegetables and vanilla emulsion. Surprisingly good, the vanilla adding a soft touch the dish.


Dessert was excellent too, a strawberry "mille-feuilles" with vanilla ice-cream. A classic, but good.


The price of all that : 26 Euros! And that came with a glass of wine. Then I had a little present from my traffic warden friend

I got a parking ticket of 35 Euros for parking on a loading bay! It will cost me more than my lunch. But since I haven't had a parking ticket for at least 6 month, I guess that's alright.

And tonight this is where I'm going to.


La Grande Cascade, an excellent 1 star Michelin restaurant in the Bois de Boulogne. I have fond memories of their maccaroni filled with foie gras with black truffle on top! I remember it cost me 900 euros the last time I went there. Not this time though, cos it's all gonna be free! I'm invited. I just love my job!! I'll be giving a full report next time. Probably tomorrow.

And now the stuff :
I wanted to say that I'm grateful for white linen trousers on women! I'm glad it's in the trend at the moment. I have never seen so many knickers in my entire life. (I mean different ones on different women).
I'm grateful too for the Aubade ad that are showing perfect women curves all over Paris at the moment. Sorry I don't have a picture to show, but I will definetely add one on my next post. I just love those ads, and moreover I just love seeing their underwear worn by women! Such a turn on! Is it me or it's bloody hot now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home