Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tof's sandwich

What do you do when you don't have the car and nothing in the fridge? Well almost nothing! I had a bit of toast left and some chicken ham with herbs. So this is how it went : open the fridge and feel depressed by its emptiness. Then you spot that lovely mayonnaise à la moutarde à l'ancienne from Maille, then that chicken ham and the "Grison" meat. All of a sudden you remember there might be some bread left that's not passed the date.
Finally you just improvise : "what about that Morbier cheese?"Will it goes with the mayonnaise and chicken and "Grison" meat?Who cares let's try it! And ladies and gentlemen this is the result. Nice and tasty, and much, much better than those already made crap you find in any supermarket!
It might not be in Thomas Keller latest cookbook but it took me a bit of imagination and less than five minutes to fix me somehing to eat.
And now, off to the gym to burn those extra calories I just had!
I just received a text message from my friend Ludo who became a father last night at 12:20am. Karine and the little boy named Aymeric are fine. Welcome to the world little boy and congratulations to the parents! May the sandwiches be as good in 15 years as they are now (especially when I make them!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you care to taste my chocolate banana dick sandwich?

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home