Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Homework

Not that I'm back to school, but I've got a week off and I'm trying to make myself useful and renovate my bathroom. It has already started badly because I went to the DYI shop yesterday to buy the tiles for the walls and the guy told me I would have them in 10 days. So I guess this is over for now because I have to have the tiles to start doing the bathroom. Then I need a plumber to get rid of that awful, useless "bidet" and sink. I'm thinking about changing the bath tub too and the tiles on the floor. At this rate the bathroom is not going to be finish by at least 2 months once I get all the things together!
Let's change subject and talk about my weak will power over drinking and smoking, especially smoking. At the moment I can't stop smoking and I don't know why. It is, for sure, related to the fact that I smoke when I drink. Like yesterday, we went to the anniversary of a trendy restaurant called "La Cantine du Faubourg". We thought there will be food there, the place being a restaurant and all that. How wrong were we! We just enjoyed ourselves in drinking as the only thing available was drinks. Open bar is the coolest thing you can have when going out. Especially when you've just splashed 400€ on bathroom's tiles! After a little while hunger was stronger than "I went to stay there and get paralytic". So off we went in the coldness to "Le Boeuf sur le Toit", a parisian brasserie. We started with a bottle of Champagne and then proceeded to order what we came for : food. I had oysters and a tartare steak. It was just good apart from the fact that one of the oysters had a funny taste. Gladly I'm not sick today, so I guess it was alright afterall. I would have hated it if I could not eat any oysters for the rest of my life. I just love those little things! We washed that down with Gewürztraminer and Pessac-Leognan.
Then this morning came the well known feeling of hungover. I feel almost exactly the same as I felt last week. I won't smoke another cigarette for the day (well we'll see because it's only 1pm)! I'm going back to that DIY shop to look for floor tiles for the bathroom and I'll post some pictures of them in a short while.
I went to the shop to change my order for the tiles. Instead of having one wall of the red ones and three of the white ones, we decided yesterday evening in a flash of soberness to do 2 walls of each color. That should be good looking! The tiles are a reproduction of the ones you find in Paris subway. Exept that they make some funky colors now to match your expectations in terms of bathroom decorating. The other pictures is of the bathroom furnitures I have sitting in my computer room since February! That should look almost the same apart from the tiled wall behind. I still have to find a decent lighting because there is only one main light source for the room. It is not a big room but still we need something strong enough for Uta so she doesn't look like she's going to a Halloween party every morning trying to put on some make-up! I think I found something nice and good looking. I need to get the agreement from Madame until I go ahead and buy it!
And this is how my bathroom looks like at the moment : Not a pretty sight I agree.
I even changed those dripping taps from the bath tub. Quite pleased with myself for that one! Now it's not letting any water out when the tap is closed, which is the usual thing that should happen when you turn it off! My water bill should be much better next time too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home