Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Days off

Yesterday, I went to La Vallée Village, a place where you can get good designer clothes cheapper. It has been months since I last went there. I checked the usual places : Versace, Givenchy, Kenzo,... and I eventually found something at the Armani store: a nice jumper for more than half the price! I checked as well the Christian Lacroix store for things for Uta since they rarely have stuff for men. And I found a very nice jacket and a skirt to match. I knew I shouldn't buy it but it was so nice (and the right size too!) that I couldn't resist. Plus as an excuse I told to myself, Uta needs a little change in her wardrobe. So I bought it and to tell the least Uta was very pleased.
We went to Giulio Rebelatto last friday for a little "tête à tête". The food was excellent and quite cheap for the area the restaurant is located (in swanky 16ème). Uta had spaghetti with fresh green aspargus simply cooked in olive oil and white wine. I had some penne with tomato and basil sauce with Italian bacon (can't remember the proper name but that the way the waiter described it to me) Then the old tiramisu (very good too) and a bottle of Chianti Dievole.
Today I went to Paris to get my money from the Maître D' at Petit Thiou and we ended up having a chat on the terrace of the restaurant. He is a nice guy. He told me he caught the guy who stole money from customer and obviously fired him! Then on the way back I almost hit a pedestrian crossing in a middle of nowhere without looking. I brake and got almost hit by the car behind me. By the look on the driver's face in my mirror, that was a close call!! I would have been really pissed off if it happened again! Bloody pedestrian!
Sorry no picture this time because it takes a long time to download. Plus I don't have any new material to show you this time.
On my next post, I will try to put some picture of the risotto I am going to cook tonight : that will be with mushroom and fresh green aspargus!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christophe said...

Dear Tandy Miller.
Do you think I'm that young to undergo a College degree? And I realize I DO NOT want a College degree. What for? I'm working in one of the best place in the world making a decent living

Plus I AM not living in the States!

1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home