Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pharamond

Last wednesday, the team had a little get together dinner at Paramond. The least we can say is that Sylvain knows how to please his guests : this meal was "Gargantuesque". Everything from the lobster with whiskey sauce to the côte de boeuf was perfect. All that washed down with Champagne, Côte de Loire, Pomerol 1989 and Australian Champagne (yes they also do Champagne and it's good)! As it was not enough we commuted to a bar -we had to go as it was already around 2am- in the Marais. I almost got stop by the Police because I was driving my scooter on the taxi lane on the wrong way as it was a one-way street. They were nice enough to let me go without "souffler dans le ballon"! They probably didn't bother checking me as they had other things better to do like knicking those tracksuit wearing thugs that are known to operate in the area.
It ended in le Carré on rue du Temple (I think, not sure, was drunk already). Couple of bottle of Champagne and a B52's shot after it was already 4am and time for me to go home. I can't really remember that part but I made it alright because a few hours after I woke up with a splitting headache and in my bed! And unless some of my chicken friends, I went to work. Pok! Pok!
Côte de Boeuf awaiting to be cooked and eaten by very hungry Concierges!
Lobster in whiskey sauce, just divine!
Not for the faint-hearted, os à moelle.
Poule au pot with black truffle mashpotatoes
Rognons with pasta wrapped in smoked ham.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home